Tuesday 26 February 2008

The new dawn

In sitting here wondering what I am going to discuss, ponder or in general muse over, I have covered many contemporary topics. However, it is perhaps best in this period of blog immaturity (it, not me, though I sometimes wonder) to just consider what, and whom, I am doing this for. This will be my only Blog; I will cover every topic I think that deserves my comment here and here only. I think I may already be guilty of overstating myself as I am sure that there will be matters covered that I don't deserve to be associated with. As for whom, that I don't even know right now, probably the answer is me.

I was considering listing the issues and areas that I may consider here but they will appear in their own good time. What I can do is generalise myself to you the reader. I approach my 35th birthday with a sense of trepidation shared, I suspect, by anyone in my position. I certainly don't feel my age mentally but I can feel the physical changes that have started over the last few years. The creaking knees, spreading waist and grumpy spirit have made themselves known. But, I think I reached a moment of enlightenment at some point in recent times. It was the aforementioned waist that did it; I am not going down the complete new wardrobe route for anyone. It had to go. I say had; it's more a case of has.

I am no holier-than-thou veggie who will rant and rave at you about the virtues of an aubergine, I am doing it in my own good time and with purely selfish motives. You can eat what you like as far as I am concerned, health is a personal issue. Enough of that for now, I'm sure that the subject will come up again...

No comments: